Having recently being elected to be the FB Membership Secretary, I would like to give a small insight into the world of Forever Bury as it affects our members and supporters of Bury FC. I would also like to write candidly regarding the role of FB and our hopes.
1) To represent the fans voice.
2) To ensure the long term future of Bury FC.
Both of these to be attained by continuous dialogue with the Bury FC Directors.
1) At every football club, there can be conflict between the ideology of the Supporters Trust and the Board of Directors. At Bury FC, since the inception of FB, overall we have enjoyed a fruitful relationship with whichever Board has been in situ. We see no reason why this should not continue. A sustainable football club needs the backing of supporters alongside the business acumen of the Directors. To be attained by continuous dialogue with the Directors.
2) To have every Bury supporter a member of FB (see below)
Membership: As at the FB AGM, our membership was 665.
1) There appears to be a misconception that FB membership is reducing. Do you know, membership has increased from 647 in 2013 to 665 in 2015?
2) I recently spoke with a board member of a major Supporter’s Trust , generally recognised as the leading Supporter’s Trust in the country. Their membership equates to about 25% of their core home support. Guess what? So does ours!! We should be proud of both these points.
That said, my aim is to increase our membership gradually to 1,000, then ultimately, every Bury fan. To be attained by communication with all Bury fans
Communication: A fair criticism of FB is that we haven’t communicated well with the fans. This has been taken on board, and with the aid of a now improved database, a questionnaire recently issued for which thanks to those who have replied, and a desire to reach Bury fans of all ages, we will get there. Click here to download the qestionaire.
Please pop into the Cabin for a chat, or email me at FB. Your support is greatly appreciated.